Ryobi ONE+ 18-Volt Compact Radio with Bluetooth Review
- Integrated bluetooth wireless technology for ultimate versatility to stream full audio up to 30 ft. away
- Multi-mode selector allows the choice between FM, AM, Aux and bluetooth modes
- 1-Amp USB port charges most portable electronic devices including smartphones
- Compact size is durable and easily portable for use on the jobsite or at home
- Digital tuning with capability to save 10 FM and 10 AM station presets
- Premium speaker provides clear, crisp music at a range of volumes
- Auxiliary input jack with included storage location for smartphone use
- Low battery indicator advises when 18-Volt ONE+ battery will need to be recharged
- Digital clock easily readable on backlit, LCD screen
- Internal battery back-up maintains clock and station presets
- Powered by any 18-Volt ONE+ lithium-ion or ni-cd battery
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Includes P742 compact radio, (2) AAA alkaline batteries and operator's manual
So how does it perform?
The sound quality is impressive. When I fired this baby up, I didn't expect it to be as clear and crisp. The low-range bass is powerful, I actually had to adjust the audio EQ on my phone because it was a little bassier than I would like!
It has this little shelf with a strap to hold your phone, which comes in handy when you're charging it. Oh, yeah it has a USB port! So you can literally charge your phone while jamming out.
There is an AUX input that connects with a standard 3.5mm Male aux cable. The speakers on my laptop aren't so good and it doesn't have bluetooth so very often I connect it to this radio.
I usually get around 8 hours out of a battery, a bit less when I charge the phone. I have a variety of different +one batteries, if use the 4 ah, it seems to last for days.
This radio will compliment mid-sized shop, is a great companion if you need a bit louder volume or if you are seeking a lightweight, portable bluetooth enabled speaker. I don't believe this would be suitable as a job site radio, however Ryobi offers a solution with the ONE+ 18-Volt Hybrid Stereo
The bluetooth range is about 25-30ft so if you plan on venturing away with your phone in your pocket, chances are the audio is going to drop. That holds true with any bluetooth speaker, once you remember to dock your phone on the back you wont run into this issue again!
The price is truly what makes this so appealing. $40 rugged , bluetooth speaker with a charging port, what more could you ask for?!